Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Rear Window

Critique:

Rear Window was a good movie in my opinion. On a scale from one to ten, I would give it a seven. Throughout the movie, I never lost interest. I think the comedy and suspense in the movie really gained my attention. Although Rear Window was an interesting movie, I would have to say the lighting in the movie could have been brighter. On some parts of the movie the lighting was a little dark. My other concern in the movie was with the special effects. I think the part when Jeff fell over the balcony could have been improved so that it would look realistic. As far as costumes, direction, and sound, I think each area was good for the time that the movie was filmed. Being that the movie was filmed in 1954, I think the costumes were perfect. Overall I really enjoyed Rear Window.

Personal Entry:

I think Cinematography is an interesting course although it is a critical course as well. So far I like the course and I expect to gain more knowledge about movies in the future.

News Article:
Points East Project Rebirth: 10 Years at Ground Zero
A month after September 2001 terrorists attacks, Tom Lapin, a New York cinematographer, received a call from Jim Whitaker, the president of Imagine Entertainment to ask if a long time-lapse film was possible. After Tom suggested that it would be possible and by spring of 2002, Jim Whitaker's project was in process. Halfway through its 10 year timeline, Project Rebirth was a reconstruction of Ground Zero. After some interviews, Whitaker and Lappin decided to use the highest-quality recording formats available. The format allowed them to get a wide field of view without going to a wider lens. Their goal was to capture wide views with close-ups of the construction. Volunteer labor and donations made Project Rebirth Possible.

No comments: