Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Devil's Backbone

The Devi'ls Backbone was a really interesting movie. I think Guillermo Del Torro did a great job with this movie in every area. I also feel like everything was set up the way it appeared for a particular reason. I also like the way he emphasized on the true definition of a ghost because a ghost is a tragedy doomed to repeat itself time and time again and something dead that still seems to be alive. In the movie Santi, the ghost, appeared many times and seemed to be alive to some of the boys in the orphanage.

I think the special effects in the movie were great because everything seemed so real. The way Santi appeared and the explosion that took place. I think the costumes were also perfect for the film. The lighting was also good in the film because on every part of the movie it was either dark or bright at all of the right times. I also think the sound and sets in the movie went well with the type of movie it was because it helped build suspense for example, the long halls.

No comments: